Sunday, May 4, 2008

Soul by Tobsha Learner


Alternating between the 1800s and 2002, Soul tells the story of two headstrong women, who are betrayed by the men they love and are driven to "rectify" the situation. Lavinia Huntington married young to a prestigious anthropologist thirty years her senior and is transported from her Irish village to start a new life in Mayfair, England. One year later she was standing trial for murder.

Lavinia's great great grand-daughter Julia is a geneticist with a US defense department commission to research the propensity to kill without remorse. After losing her husband and unborn child, will history repeat itself?

I enjoyed the book, but seeing as I read it only a couple of pages at a time at night I don't think I really did it justice. I did find the ending a little lame though.
2 Stars

No comments: